Helmets to Hardhats (H2H) Canada is a partnership with Canada's Building Trades Unions, their many Employers across Canada, and Government stakeholders. The H2H sister program originated in the United States in 2003, and has been highly successful for America. H2H Canada will follow a similar model, but is focused on career opportunities in Canada for anyone who has served (or is currently serving and looking to transition to a civilian career) in either the Regular or Reserve Force Components of the Canadian Forces. The program offers apprenticeship opportunities to achieve a journeyperson qualification in the building and construction trade of one's choice, as well as potential opportunities in other management positions within this industry, all leading to a promising new career.
To be announced
videos and more.
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Harper Government and Corporate Canada Partnering to Support Veterans
- Canadian Women's Military & Veterans Network
- Helmets to Hardhats helps members of Canadian Forces enter civilian workforce
Announces Program Launch in Hamilton, ON (In Photos)
- PM announces support for Helmets to Hardhats program
- McGuinty Government Helping Veterans Find Jobs In The Skilled Trades
- TransCanada Donates $1 Million to Support Canadian Veterans Returning to Work
- Program helps Canada’s soldiers build construction careers
(SOMNIA) Spotlight on Military News and International Affairs - click here
Click here to read how Corporal Ted Collins C.D. (Ret'd) became a Trainer/Sub-Foreman and proud member of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers after retiring from a successful career in the Canadian Military.